Often, the first question that pops into a client’s mind do they really need an immigration lawyer to handle their problem. Often, the problem falls into a few familiar categories. For example, their Visa was revoked, they would like to bring family members to the country, or they require a work permit. Generally, they are confused about the issue or assume that some nonprofessional is able to handle the problem for them. Other issues might involve financial problems. Certainly, it is difficult for those individuals to find their way through all the red tape. The best solution is to hire an immigration attorney Elizabeth NJ firm to handle their legal issues.
Do You Need An Immigration Lawyer?
The first step is to select an immigration lawyer and request a consultation. During the consultation, the lawyers will ask a few probing questions of the client to determine the difficulties that they are facing and a way to resolve the issues. The immigration lawyer will probably tell you that you don’t really need legal counsel to go forward. You could handle the legal issues yourself without professional representation. There is no law prohibiting you from filing the case and arguing in court on your own behalf. However, it is important to remember that immigration law is very difficult and involved. Do you need an immigration lawyer? Yes. It takes an experienced immigration lawyer to help you navigate your way through the legal issues that might include filings, legal appeals, and hearings.
Sound Reasons to Require an Immigration Lawyer
If you are experiencing any of the following concerns, you definitely require the services of an immigration lawyer to navigate your way through all the legal red tape.
- You have a criminal record which is interfering with your ability to immigrate
- Your prior application for immigration was denied
- You’ve tried to go through the immigration process alone, but need immediate help
- If you have been recently deported out of the country
- You are banned because of health issues
- You’ve filed your immigration papers but are still waiting for a response after an extended period of time
- If you are divorcing an American spouse to marry another American
- If you are trying to bring relatives or small children to this country
- You have a Visa based on employment and require professional help to handle issues connected with the Visa
It is important to remember that immigration issues are generally very complicated. Consequently, the majority of immigration issues require a professional immigration lawyer to handle all the legal complications that arise in a satisfactory manner. An immigration lawyer will oversee the entire process from the beginning to the end. Thus, taking all the stress of the situation off of your shoulders in the process. Hiring an immigration lawyer is the right step in beginning to handle any and all immigration issues that might arise.